Doctor - Bournemouth
Full Time - £72,000
The Slimming Clinic (formerly National Slimming and Cosmetic Clinics) are the largest private medical slimming group in the UK specialising in Doctor Led Personal Weight Loss. Our national clinics are regulated by the CQC in England, HIS in Scotland and HIW in Wales.
Our aim is to support the overweight and obese in losing weight, through diet and lifestyle modification, to improve their health and well-being alongside reducing obesity-related risk factors. Patient-focused care is at the centre of our service with clinic teams supporting and encouraging patients along their journey to being healthier and confident. Our clinics have been helping patients lose weight since 1984, with over 50,000 active patients each year.
The Slimming Clinic are currently expanding and recruiting across our 22 national clinics. We are offering new and exciting opportunities for Doctors with an interest in weight management and health promotion to join our existing medical workforce.
Full-time and part-time positions are available, working a minimum of 3 days per week, with competitive salaries and additional benefits. Our Clinics are open 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday, with structured daily clinic hours, split into 4-5 hour clinical sessions.
Doctors will be required to run a daily list of patients within our specialised private clinics. Clinics consist of new and existing patients who require medical support to achieve weight loss. New patients require a detailed medical history, clinical examination and, if applicable, assessment of suitability for prescriptive appetite suppressant medication. Doctors will provide ongoing dietary and lifestyle advice alongside regular review of patients to ensure weight loss is achieved and any medication is well tolerated.
Benefits of this role include:
• Comprehensive initial training
• Structured working hours with no on-call or night shifts
• Revalidation & Appraisal Support
• CPD-accredited Mandatory eLearning
• National, Regional and Local meetings
• Ongoing CPD Opportunities
• Medical Indemnity Cover
• Contributory Pension
Minimum Requirements to be considered for this role:
• Full GMC Registration with a valid licence to practice
• Minimum 3 years medical practice (post FY1 and full GMC registration) in clinical patient-focused settings
• Eligibility to live and work in the UK
• Competent communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to travel and work across nearby local clinics